HACKER VALLEY, W.Va. - The restoration of electric service at Holly River State Park
continues following a major outage that began in mid-July. Visitors and patrons of Holly River State Park will be pleased to know that park staff, working with contractors, has restored some service.
• All campsites in Campground Area #1 are open.
• Bathhouse #4 is now open but three Area #4 campsites – #58, #59, and #60 – are still without power.
• Bathhouses #2 and #3 do not have electric service but still offer cold water showers.
• Campsites in Area #2 and Area #3 (sites 20 – 38) do not have electricity but are still open.
• All other facilities have full electrical service.
• The swimming pool is closed for the 2013 season.
• The restaurant is open with great food and ambiance.
Holly River State Park is located in Webster County. It is considered a traditional state park with cabins, camping and a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities: hiking, fishing, biking and picnicking.
The recent power outage is the result of underground line failure. Engineers and park staff continue to work on restoration and future improvements.
To learn more about Holly River State Park, accommodations and activities, visit www.hollyriversp.com
Holly River State Park