SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. – It’s a tradition with many. Gift cards as gifts are everywhere. “There is good reason,” says Sissie Summers with West Virginia’s state parks. “Gift cards convey to the recipient that a person knows you or your family interests. The card becomes an experience when redeemed.” West Virginia State Parks gift card sales encourage recipients to visit a state park to camp, stay in a lodge, play golf or participate in an activity that requires some form of payment.
For the Christmas and holiday season, gift card purchases of $100 or greater in value receive “extras.” Purchases from Nov. 1 to Dec.17, 2012 automatically have eight extras included that can stretch gift card value, according to Carol Stewart. “A purchase of $250 would receive two sets of eight, a purchase of $400 would receive four sets and so on.” Stewart processes gift card orders and helps customers with suggestions for parks to visit or how to surprise family and friends.
“There is no magic word or code to ask for to receive the extras,” Stewart explained. “It’s a way to thank people for buying or giving the gift cards and to encourage them to enjoy the parks next year.” Standard ground USPS shipping service is included in gift card sales.
The ‘extras’ included in card sales from Nov. 1 to Dec. 17 are:
- Whittaker Wednesdays at Cass Scenic Railroad that recognizes a youth passenger with a free trip in June, July, and August, 2013.
- “Three times, Single Price Camping” is a card for camping at Twin Falls Resort Park. The bearer of the “extra” may camp three nights for the price of one night through May 20, 2013 or in September 2013.
- A “Wonderful West Virginia” magazine T-shirt when subscribing to the state magazine
• Two Island Belle Sternwheeler rides for single ride cost to Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park.
- Disc Golf or Tram Ride for Two at Pipestem Resort for a single price rate.
• “I Need a Break Rate” at Beech Fork State Park includes 20 percent off and a third or fourth night free stay in January through March 2013 or November to December 2013.
- “Play a Round” 18-hole golf greens fee with rental of a motorized golf cart at Pipestem, Twin Falls or Cacapon.
- $15 off of Gift Shop purchase of $100 or more at Blackwater Falls, Twin Falls, Cacapon, North Bend or Tygart Lake state parks in 2013.
A ninth card is the “mystery gift” that when returned the customer will receive a State Park “something” in the mail. Stewart adds that while supplies last, each order will receive a State Park zipper pull. “They were very popular last year and I’ve had people ask for them again this year. They are pretty and they tell the mission statement of the park system.”
The “extras” are included only with online gift card purchases or by calling 304-558-2764, ext. 51828. The online address is www.wvstateparks.com; click “Gift Card Purchase.”
304-558-2764, ext. 51828