Governor Announces Action Taken on 2012 Legislation
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin announces the following pieces of legislation from the 2012 Legislative Session have completed the legislative process.
Bills signed by Gov. Tomblin:
- HB 3177: Permitting an owner who sells real property pursuant to a deed of trust to terminate a preexisting tenancy.
- HB 4088: Repealing the West Virginia telecommunications tax.
- HB 4125: Correcting date for schools to send notice to parents alerting them to the existence of the school's crisis response plan.
- HB 4238: Establishing procedures for address confidentiality program participants on the special absentee voting list.
- HB 4251: Relating generally to amendments to the uniform commercial code.
- HB 4299: Authorizing a county board of education to use the services of a bus operator from another county in certain circumstances.
- HB 4330: Providing that driver's licenses may contain information designating the licensee as a person who is an honorably discharged veteran.
- HB 4351: Relating to mine safety.
- HB 4523: Relating to the Bureau for Child Support enforcement and reporting employment and income of an independent contractor.
- HB 4530: Authorizing the Public Service Commission to consider and issue a financing order to certain regulated electric utilities to permit the recovery of expanded net energy costs.
- HB 4583: Changing certain deadlines associated with the termination, resignation and transfer of school personnel.
- HB 4630: Modifying the membership of the Braxton County Recreational Development Authority.
For more information on the legislation, visit the West Virginia Legislature's website: www.legis.state.wv.us.
Amy Shuler Goodwin