Governor Tomblin Announces Action Taken on 2012 Legislation
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin announces the following pieces of legislation from the 2012 Legislative Session have completed the Legislative process.
Bills signed by Gov. Tomblin:
- SB 185: Relating to Employee Suggestion Award Program.
- SB 186: Providing salary equity supplement payments to teachers and service personnel.
- SB 191: Relating to personal safety orders.
- SB 365: Increasing membership of PEIA Finance Board.
- SB 387: Requiring training of floodplain managers.
- SB 410: Requiring backup withholding on certain gambling prizes.
- SB 430: Conforming code provisions to Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
- SB 471: Authorizing Supreme Court to establish mental hygiene commissioners' compensation.
- SB 621: Relating to major subdivisions or land developments providing sufficient access.
- SB 650: Making supplementary appropriation from General Revenue to DHHR, Division of Human Services.
- SB 673: Expiring funds from DMAPS, Office of the Secretary, and making supplementary appropriation to DMAPS, Division of Corrections, Correctional Units.
- HB 4063: Relating to civil service commissions in political subdivisions.
- HB 4103: Consolidating of government services and enforcement of laws pertaining to the motor carrier industry.
- HB 4119: Providing a definition for an athletic director who is employed by a county board of education.
- HB 4307: Clarifying that the practice and procedure for domestic violence civil proceedings are governed by court rule.
- HB 4332: Relating to transfer of service credit from Public Employees Retirement System to Emergency Medical Services Retirement System.
- HB 4376: Licensing wine sales at certain professional baseball stadiums.
- HB 4403: Changing the filing deadline for certified write-in candidates.
- HB 4433: Modifying the criteria for awarding high school diplomas to certain veterans.
- HB 4567: Permitting the Harrison County Commission to levy a special district tax.
- HB 4652: Making a supplementary appropriation to various agencies.
- HB 4656: Making a supplementary appropriation to the Division of Human Services, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- HB 4658: Supplementing, amending, decreasing and increasing items of the existing appropriations from the State Road Fund to the Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
For more information on the legislation, visit the West Virginia Legislature's website: www.legis.state.wv.us.
Amy Shuler Goodwin