The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR) will hold 12 public meetings across the state in March to provide hunters, trappers, anglers, landowners and other interested parties an opportunity to review and comment on proposed 2014 hunting regulations for white-tailed deer, wild turkey, black bear and boar, proposed 2015 - 2016 general hunting and trapping regulations, proposed 2015 fishing regulations and amphibian and reptile regulations.
Hunters, trappers, anglers, landowners and other interested parties will get an opportunity to review and comment on proposed 2014 hunting regulations for white-tailed deer, wild turkey, black bear and boar March 17-18.
These meetings will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, March 17 and Tuesday, March 18.
“These public meetings have been designed to use an ‘Open House’ format,” said DNR Director Frank Jezioro.
“This informal meeting style allows people to attend at their convenience during the scheduled meeting times, learn of proposed regulation changes, discuss these proposals with personnel from the Wildlife Resources and Law Enforcement sections, and comment on the proposed regulations and other wildlife-related issues.”
Written comments from the public on these proposed hunting, trapping and fishing regulations also are encouraged. The deadline for written comments is April 4, 2014. Anyone interested in attending the meetings scheduled in their areas should note these dates and locations:
Monday, March 17, 2014:
• Fairmont – East Fairmont High School (Commons Area)
• Princeton – Chuck Mathena Center (Rotunda Room)
• Martinsburg – James Rumsey Technical Institute (Cafeteria)
• Milton – West Virginia Pumpkin Park (Office Building)
• Spencer – Heritage Building
• Flatwoods – Braxton County High School
Tuesday, March 18, 2014:
• Glen Dale – John Marshall High School (Cafeteria)
• Moorefield – South Branch Inn (Rt. 220)
• Elkins – DNR Operations Center
• Beckley – Beckley - Raleigh County Convention Center
• Logan – Chief Logan State Park Conference Center
• Parkersburg – City Building (Lobby)