The next regular meeting of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources Physically Challenged Advisory Board (PCAB) is scheduled for Tuesday, April 6, at 3 p.m. at the WVDNR Headquarters at 324 4th Avenue in South Charleston. Items to be discussed are:
· legislative action updates;
· presentations by DNR personnel from Wildlife, Law Enforcement and State Parks sections;
· other business, including public comment.
The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources strives to provide reasonable access to its programs and facilities to the physically challenged in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The DNR develops and maintains fishing access sites and hunting areas for the physically challenged. The Law Enforcement Section offers Hunter Education classes designed for hunters with special needs.
The purposes of the Physically Challenged Advisory Board are:
· to advise the Division of Natural Resources on matters pertaining to the accessibility of all Division programs and services by physically challenged persons;
· to identify and evaluate needs of physically challenged persons and communicate them to the Division;
· to increase public awareness and sensitivity to the needs of physically challenged persons; and
· to communicate with individuals and other organizations and agencies with similar purposes.
Information regarding access to the DNR's facilities and programs can be obtained by contacting the South Charleston Office, Elkins Operations Center or any of the district offices.
Lt. Tim Coleman