The WV.gov web portal is maintained by West Virginia Interactive. Individual state agency websites are maintained by each agency's staff.
In the course of providing informational resources, West Virginia Interactive and state agencies may include links to external websites created and maintained by organizations other than the State of West Virginia or West Virginia Interactive.
Policy for Links on the WV.gov Web Portal
Links may be added by West Virginia Interactive if it determines that the link will be consistent with the purpose of the WV.gov web portal, which is to provide a public service to citizens and businesses by:
- expanding business and citizen access to government services and government information;
- offering an easy and convenient process to conduct transactions with state government online;
- improving the level of customer service from state government;
- extending electronic government services to citizens of cities and county government;
- providing a comprehensive informational resource about services and functions related to state government.
West Virginia Interactive will provide links to federal, state, and local government websites and educational institutions that provide information or services related to topics covered on the WV.gov web portal or that users of the WV.gov site may find of interest. West Virginia Interactive may, at its discretion, provide links to websites of non-profit organizations and private or commercial entities if they offer information or services related to topics covered on the WV.gov website, and are consistent with the purpose of the WV.gov website. All requests for links to non-governmental sites will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
West Virginia Interactive will determine whether the external website fits with the purpose of the WV.gov web portal and where the link should be placed within the WV.gov web portal's content structure. Links may be removed or replaced at the discretion of West Virginia Interactive, at any time and without notice.
Links to sites containing the following types of content are not considered appropriate to the WV.gov web portal:
- Sites that exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Affiliation or advocacy of a political party, organization, or candidate running for office;
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages;
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another;
- Content that a reasonable citizen may not consider to maintain the dignity and decorum appropriate for government.
Request a Link
Link requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. To request a link on the WV.gov portal, please use the online form to contact the WV.gov webmaster. To request a link on a state agency website, please contact the relevant agency directly.
Linking to WV.gov
Linking to the WV.gov web portal or West Virginia state agency websites is permitted with the following limitations:
- You may not capture WV.gov pages within frames or present WV.gov content as your own.
- You may not state or imply that the State of West Virginia, West Virginia Interactive, or WV.gov is endorsing your product, site, or services.
- West Virginia Interactive and the State of West Virginia cannot guarantee reciprocal links on any WV.gov website (see Linking Policy above).
Disclaimer: Non-WV.gov Websites
Visitors to external websites are advised to check the privacy statements of those sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information without a clear understanding of how the information will be used. Neither the State of West Virginia nor West Virginia Interactive is responsible for the content of those websites. Links to non-governmental sites are provided as informational resources only. A link from WV.gov does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring of any specific commercial product, viewpoint, or service referenced on those external websites.